Aspire VN7-591G 4k screen black shade/shadow

Options
Pondake
Pondake Member Posts: 2 New User

I've searched through topics on this forum and on other forums but couldn't find anything related to my problem.

I've had a black shadow on the left side of my screen for a while. I tried solving it by messing with the drivers but it didn't work. I noticed that the shade was already there when it was on the POST page, so messing with drivers wasn't doing anything.

Sometimes it flickers when I'm inserting a USB and it's assigning a driver to it. 

One thing to note, after a break of 2 weeks I opened it after not using it, and it was completely gone for about 15 minutes.

I'm clueless Smiley Tongue

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Any way you can post a picture, or is it faint and hard to notice? If you reload windows and use the option to retain your data, does it help? If not, it could be a hardware problem with the LCD or ribbon cable that connects the LCD.

• Pondake
    Pondake Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

IMG_20160203_153203.jpg

You can see it here, a little bit. Yes, I was in class. Man Very Happy

Do you suggest resetting Windows / clean install or try to RMA it?

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options
    You could try resetting Windows, but I suspect it is a hardware problem. If resetting Windows does not do it, I suggest setting the system up for repair.
  • sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

Could you try to boot a different OS, if you would not like to reset windows. You can try to boot ubuntu from a USB drive, and see if you still have the problem.

But I strongly believe that it could be hardware related.