Aspire VN7 591G finally works perfect under windows 7

micol
micol Member Posts: 6 New User

After some battling with drivers I was able to get the touchpad gestures to work, which was the last thing left to make all the laptop components work under windows 7 (which is not supported by Acer for this laptop). I could not find the solution anywhere on the internet so I thought I would share my results.

First off I installed synaptics drivers v17_0_19_C from synaptis official website. After installation they are not recognized in the system and the touchpad has still the default microsoft mouse driver. I opened the device manager and manually updated the driver using the option "from disk" and pointed to the synaptics driver. Now in the device manager the device name is "Synaptics HID TouchPad" but still it is not functioning and it has a yellow exclamation mark.

After reboot I started the "snappy driver" installer software which found an update to the touchpad driver. Voila!

I got the synaptics console in the taskbar and all the gesture and scrolling options. Where is the driver from I have no idea though, it has version 19.0.14.36, date 2015-07-23, Synaptics, not signed.