Aspire V7 won't capitalize certain letters

Options
eculic089
eculic089 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi everyone,

As the title suggests, my V7-482PG has recently begun an error where capitalizing certain letters sometimes does not work at first. Even typing out that first sentence, it took a couple goes before pressing SHIFT+H in the word 'hi' and SHIFT+G for the model name actually capitalized the letter. This is a very strange issue and not all letters are effected by it. The shift key seems to work no matter what (e.g. if I use SHIFT and left or right arrow, this always works), leading me to believe that only certain keys are affected by this issue.

I really hope this is not an issue with the actual keyboard hardware matrix as this is a brand new laptop (bought in September).

As an example, I will try to type out the whole alphabet in capital letters, and we will see what happens. I am holding the shift key the entire time while typing these out:

AbCDEFghIJKLMNOPqRSTUVWXYZ

And again,

AbCDEFGhIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

One more time,

ABCDEFghIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

As you can see, there are certain problem letters that seem to get it more frequently (b, g, h).

Before you ask, this is not an issue with ease-of-access stuff like Sticky Keys.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Did the computer always do this, or is it something new? I suggest trying a refresh of Windows. If that doesn't fix it, it is probably a hardware problem.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26295

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi eculic089,

The keys that aren't capatilizing are all closely related outside of the shift key itself. I don't think there is a software issue. Of course a reload could tell you for sure, but I don't think it has a high chance of resolving your issue. It seems like there is an issue with the KB or the cabling to the MB. I would suggest contacting Acer support ask look into having the unit serviced.

Hope this helps,

Cory