Aspire V7-482PG Unable to perform Windows Update and unable to update to windows 10

CHN2R
CHN2R Member Posts: 3 New User

I'm unable to perform any windows update, I have 5 important updates that are unable to install, yielding the error code 80073712. I tried using Windows Update Troubleshooter, it claimed to have fix certain errors but still fail windows update. I tried to run DISM tool, but when I try to run /Restorehealth it says the component store has been corrupted, error 14098. Please help so that I can update to Windows 10. Thanks.

Answers

• CHN2R

I ran the .NET framework cleanup tool, restarted my comp. Tried to install .NET framework 1.1, but got an error "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0xff8 (4088), Thread id=0xa88 (2696)" before it could complete installation. Also tried to automatically reset windows update components but windows update still fails with the same error.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Uninstall/ delete any .NET framework 1.1, if there is any and try to install 3.5

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21

• CHN2R

Can't find any .NET framework 1.1 under programs and features to uninstall, also the .NET framework 3.5 setup file doesn't even load when double clicked. I get a user account control dialog to say yes/no, clicking yes, nothing happens.