Aspire V7-482PG Touchpad/mouse freeze when plugging in power cord (Windows 10)

Options
matoroa
matoroa Member Posts: 11 New User

Greetings,

I am having this strange problem in my V7 after upgrading to Windows 10:

When I plug the power cord the mouse and touchpad and keyboard freeze (I am using a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse and touchpad in my V7 is a Synaptic).

- If I unplug the cord, everything unfreezes.

- If I plug the cord while moving the cursor, either with the mouse or the touchpad then they do not freeze and I can work normally.

- Of course if I boot the laptop with the power cord already plugged, everything work normally and if I unplug the power cord, there is not freeze.

The problem happens just when the laptop is running on batteries and I plug the power cord and the only workaround is to move the mouse while plugging in the cord. It is really annoying.

I installed all the drivers in the Acer support page, and also tried to several combination of new drivers old drivers etc. This never happened while in Windows 8.1.

I do not know what else to try. I hope someone could help with this issue.

Thanks and regards,

Miguel

Best Answer

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Go to power options and change the settings for plugged in to match on battery and see if that does it.

• matoroa
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. As you suggested I changed the power options to match on battery and plugged in (High Performance plan). Unfortunately there was exactly the same behaviour. The way not to freeze is moving the cursor while plugging the cord. is it perhaps a conflict of ressources causing this?

Regards,

Miguel

• philetus
    Options

So you were moving the cursor while you plugged it in and then it worked good?

• matoroa
    Options

Exactly that!

- If I just plug in, the laptop freezes and then unfreezes if I plug out.

- If I plug in while moving the mouse or touchpad, the laptop does not freeze at all. What could be the cause of that?

• philetus
    Options

Are you using an aftermarket power supply or the one that came with the laptop?

Test the power supply and see if it's putting out more or less than it should.

Should be 19 volts.

• matoroa
    Options

Hi,

The laptop is all original as I bought it brand new. No aftermarket components.

Sorry I really do not know how to mesure the voltage. Is there any software tool that I can install and use?

Also, why moving the mouse makes the laptop not to freeze?

Thanks,

Miguel

• philetus
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • matoroa
    Options

Hi Philetus,

Thank you so much for your support. I do not have a multimeter, but I have another acer laptop with a power cord at 19V output. I tried it in my computer and that did it: the computer did not freeze when plugged in. Now, what is left for me is just to buy another power brick for my laptop.

Thanks again and regard,

Miguel

• philetus
    Options

This is a good one. I have bought the PWP+ before and they are good quality.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231574504638?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT