Aspire V7 482PG Boots to Choose Keyboard Layout Screen

Options
CreativeFedora
CreativeFedora Member Posts: 2 New User

Out of no where my ultrabook started to boot to the Windows 8 'Choose Keyboard Layout' screen. Once a layout is selected it brings up recovery options. Thoughts?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

This could happen when the system is unable to load windows system files if they are corrupted or when windows 8 updates were automatically installed on your computer and corrupted the windows files.

You may proceed and try to refresh or reset your computer to factory settings.

During system refresh you willnot loose data, however, Apps you installed from websites and DVDs will be removed. Apps that came with your PC and apps you installed from the Windows Store will be reinstalled. Windows puts a list of removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC.

During the system reset process, all data stored on your computer will be overwritten. This means all your files, such as email and photos, will be erased. Therefore, we recommend you backup your personal data before starting the recovery process.

• CreativeFedora
    CreativeFedora Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Interestingly enough the issue stopped occuring. The issue actually started when I began laying a microcloth over the keyboard when closing/shutting down the laptop. I've stopped doing that and the laptop booted as it should. Fairly perplexing if the coth was cuasing the issue as it may of put pressure on one of the F keys.