Aspire V5 is garbage. AMD Radeon is the worst. The new driver update makes it unusable. Blue screen

bjg889
bjg889 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello Windows 10 blue screen error. What a freakin joke. Acer computers should be smashed into pieces. Windows 10 is also the worst. They force you to automatically download a AMD Radeon driver that makes the computer stop functioning. You have to go back to an older 2015 driver to bring the computer back to working slow again instead of not working at all. I hate this computer. It is terrible and has always been slow. You can't even watch a movie or youtube clip without it bogging down and lagging. Its only a couple years old and they actually sold this piece to people. Whats a good normal laptop to buy that isn't a piece that isn't an Acer? Windows 7 seems like the best OS created to me. Should I switch back to that or is there something better?

[inappropriate content removed]

Answers

• GazzaTB
    GazzaTB Member Posts: 8 New User

Yep, the latest graphics drivers kill this laptop. We really need Acer to acknowledge this and provide support and a patch, as this essentially renders the laptop useless and given the laptop is only a couple of years old they still need to be supporting it (which at the moment they are not).

• best_sim
    best_sim Member Posts: 4 New User

I use Aspire V5 also. The BIOS locked itself and technicians can not get the password. So I sad all Acer is garbage