ASW
ASW Member Posts: 3 New User

My Aspire V5 battery won't charge.

Best Answer

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options

I am not sure how old your system is but I know that I have had to replace a Few chargers for my kids Laptops... 

Sadly no matter what company it is. If it isn't used only on a desk and it never moves a charger cord can ware out.... 

It could be the PORT where the Charger plugs in or it could be the wire on the charger. at times you can find the brake by feeling the line and at times you can't see anything wrong. If you knjow someone with same type of system as yours you can try the charger from them and if it works then you know it is your charger if it don't then it maybe as I said the PORT when you plug it in..

James

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    Answer ✓
    Options

I am not sure how old your system is but I know that I have had to replace a Few chargers for my kids Laptops... 

Sadly no matter what company it is. If it isn't used only on a desk and it never moves a charger cord can ware out.... 

It could be the PORT where the Charger plugs in or it could be the wire on the charger. at times you can find the brake by feeling the line and at times you can't see anything wrong. If you knjow someone with same type of system as yours you can try the charger from them and if it works then you know it is your charger if it don't then it maybe as I said the PORT when you plug it in..

James

• ASW
    Options

My laptop is about 2 years old.

I took it back to Staples, where I bought it, for help. On the basis of what I told the tech I had read online, he took out the battery and when he reinserted it, the laptop started charging again, but it didn't last. For about a week, I used a paper clip periodically to reset the battery (as I had read online) when the yellow light didn't come on, but now the light doesn't come on at all, and my laptop is dead.

Actually, if I hold the power on button long enough, the yellow light will flicker for a few seconds and then go dead.

Is it the battery? The power cord, as you suggested? Something else?

I probably should have mentioned, my laptop does not work either plugged in or on battery, which is now depleted.

• RevoMaxx
    Options

To me sounds like a Bad cord or bad Connection....

My sons computer wouldn't charge unless the cord was placed just right....

Another thing that can happen is that where it plugs into the Laptop. There is an area that can get to wide to make a good contact with the charger and so it don't charge... Ot it can have a bad solder joint on the MB and become loose and not charge.... 

I think it may be a bad cord...

James

• ASW
    Options

THANK YOU! I went back to Staples and told the tech manager what you thought the problem might be-- and, sure enough, when she tried a universal adapter, the battery started charging again. Unfortunately, the universal adapter is almost as heavy as my laptop and the connection is too loose. If I accidentally jostle the adapter, the light goes off. So, today I ordered an adapter specifically for the Aspire from Amazon. Hope it works!

• RevoMaxx
    Options

Glad I was able to help. and you were able to get your system to start working again. Anytime there is always someone that is willing to offer help.

Have a wonderful weekend

James