Aspire V5-573PG Touchpad Problem

Options
rocketnater
rocketnater Member Posts: 3 New User

I have an Acer Aspire V5-573PG-7400. The touchpad randomly developed a problem today along with the keyboard. Weirdly, whenever I move 1 finger across the touchpad, it would zoom in and out instead of moving the cursor. It will do this half the time. The other half of the time, it will move the cursor but is very unresponsive. I also noticed that my keyboard stopped working whenever I try to type something. Oddly, I am able to type again after I press the "Ctrl" key.

My Synaptics Touchpad driver was 19.0.13.0. I went onto Acer's drivers website and the latest Synaptics touchpad driver on there is 19.0.9.4. I downloaded and installed it and now there isn't any issues. Anybody have an idea on what happened or if it was a driver problem? Keep in mind that i've been using the 19.0.13.0 driver for awhile with no problems and the problem just appeared today.

Best Answer

• rocketnater
    Answer ✓
    Options

Update - It didn't fix it. The cursor moves responsively but whenever I tap the touchpad, the cursor would move up and down about an inch on the screen. It wouldn't actually make the click action when tapping the touchpad.

I decided to open up my laptop and disconnect then reconnect the touchpad ribbon cable. That seems to have done the trick as it now works correctly. Cursor moves responsively and taps work.

Answers

• rocketnater
    Answer ✓
    Options

Update - It didn't fix it. The cursor moves responsively but whenever I tap the touchpad, the cursor would move up and down about an inch on the screen. It wouldn't actually make the click action when tapping the touchpad.

I decided to open up my laptop and disconnect then reconnect the touchpad ribbon cable. That seems to have done the trick as it now works correctly. Cursor moves responsively and taps work.