Aspire V5-573G fails to boot from USB

Tricky450
Tricky450 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi all, MS Cumulative updates have crashed my WIN10  PC, and it fails to boot, it just loops around the ACER logo. I have a new botable image on a USB stick ready to go, and I have set the BIOS up to boot from USB FDD and /or HDD, and in each case when I F12 to the BOOT MANAGER, the only boot option is "Windows Boot Manager".  I hoped USB might be in the list to choose from.  Has anyone any idea where I have gone wrong?  Sadly I have a loopy PC !
Forums here suggest that I should be able to choose USB from the list, I have tried everything, but ...  ??
Any help/ideas greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

F-12 needs to be enabled in the bios before it will work. Did you ever check that it was enabled?
    If you had it enabled and flashed the bios, it was reset to disabled. 

Try holding down several keys at once at boot. You may be able to cause a keyboard error and force access to bios.

• Tricky450
    Tricky450 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi Phil, Thanks for your advice Smiley Happy

I eventually achieved installing WIN10 in the following way.
    I used Rufus to create the bootable files. BIOS had to be changed to Legacy, and then it would read the USB. Then I had to delete all the partitions, and WIN10 loaded OK.

Cheers Smiley Happy

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

I would still recommend to make a UEFI bootable USB drive using rufus and install windows 10 in UEFI BIOS mode not legacy. Windows 10 is optimized for UEFI.