Aspire V5-572P Windows 10 - No password prompt for wireless network hotspots.

Options
johnsmayer
johnsmayer Member Posts: 2 New User

Aspire V5-572P Windows 10 - No password prompt for wireless network hotspots (hotels, hast food joints, etc). 

Works fine on home wi-fi. Mobile phone internet works fine with said hotspots.

This has caused me considerable frustrations and has almost ruined several holidays where internet has bee relied upon.  Problem not apparent until ON the holiday.

From reading other posts it sounds like could be some sort of network drive issue (all drivers up to date and as per latest manuf. spec.).  Have also used ReImage Repair which seems to have helped other issues but not this.

No solution, I think this issue is a real problem and suspect the discount I got on this machine is as a result.

After many, many hours of research, trial error, reading posts etc., I have given up and used my mobile phone to tether a internet connection via USB.  Took me a while to work out for myslef, but only SOME laptop USB ports are capable of tethering (don't judge, I'm not in IT . . how's one supposed to know), otherwise it's just 'greyed out' on the mobile. 

Anyhow, hope this helps. Am talking to the numerous hotel IT staff and/or computer repair shops around the world whom have not been able to assisst me in this matter.

Answers