Aspire V5-572P BIOS recovery

manussnair
manussnair Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hi,

I had issues with my Aspire laptop and tried to flash the BIOS 2.10. However , the laptop is not starting after the BIOS update. People suggested to use the .FD file to recover the BIOS. But I dont see the .FD file in the BIOS package for my laptop. Can someone pls suggest me a method to boot my laptop. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks

Answers

• Kabb
    Kabb Member Posts: 1 New User

This is a little tricky. I was able to fix my V5-572 laptop model and I think it may apply to this model as well.

Go to the Acer drivers download page of your laptop model and download the latest version of your laptop Bios. Using 7Zip, extract it to a folder using its own name. You may get some 7Zip errors but no worries.Get a USB Pen drive, 1GB and up, format it with FAT or FAT32 and copy all contents of the extracted folder. There will be one missing *.fd file to copy as well. It may not be in that folder. to find it go to C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\7zXXXXX.tmp folder and copy the *.fd file to your pen drive as well. Rename the file, for example, ZQK_R.fd to ZQK.fd. Unplug the pen drive and connect it to your Acer laptop.

Press the keys fn+Esc and press the power button for 2 secs and release it. Leave it for a few minutes as it will do something in the background as you can not see it on the screen. After a while, the screen will glow with the Acer logo and laptop will start again. Let it finish loading, login to your windows account and then shutdown the laptop.

Remove the pen drive and restart again. Login to Windows and update it if it is the case.

All done!!