Aspire V5-571P-6464 new WiFi card won't work

Options
ajricaud1
ajricaud1 Member Posts: 6 New User

I replaced the original WiFi card with an Intel Network 7260.HMWG dual band AC card but I can't get it to work. Does anybody know if this is compatible w/my laptop or if it "blacklisted" by Acer so it won't work? Thank You.

Best Answer

• ajricaud1
    Answer ✓
    Options

No luck-same problem. Oddly, the BT icon doesn't show up in Device Manager.

Answers

• boscorelly
    boscorelly Member Posts: 30

Tinkerer

Options

Hi,

what do you mean with "not working" ? Can't connect to wifi ? Card not seen in Windows ?

• ajricaud1
    Options

Hi. The card is seen in Device Manager as : this device is working properly. It does not connect to the router. When I try to connect to a network using Windows network and Sharing Center the router does not show up. The Intel software says No supported WiFi adapters are available. Intel tech support had me uninstall and install but no go.

I am beginning to suspect a defective card or Acer has blacklisted the card. 

• boscorelly
    boscorelly Member Posts: 30

Tinkerer

Options

I don't think there is a card BL.

However, if i'm not wrong, ths card is also bluetooth no ?

If yes, i've read here that installing BT driver before wireless driver can work.

Do you also uninstalled previous drivers and used the last intel drivers ?

• ajricaud1
    Options

Yes, re: Bluetooth. Yes, all previous drivers and software were uninstalled. Yes, the driver is the most current. I will try to install the BT driver and see if that helps.

• ajricaud1
    Answer ✓
    Options

No luck-same problem. Oddly, the BT icon doesn't show up in Device Manager.