Aspire V5-571G connecting to projectors but no signal.

Options
vasanta
vasanta Member Posts: 3 New User

My Acer Aspire V5-571G is connecting to the projector but there is no image on the projector. I have tried this with several projectors. I know that the laptop connects to the projector because it automatically changes resolution like it does. I've changed the vga cable and also tried the Window+P kep to ensure that the Duplicate mode is on. What should I do? 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

installed OS?

when you connect the projector and you right click on desktop, choose screen resolution, can you see the laptop monitor and the projector on monitor list?

and...where you connect the VGA cable, since the V5 doesn't have a VGA connection?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • vasanta
    Options
    Hi,

Installed OS is windows 7. The V5 came with a VGA + network connector which goes into the port beside the HDMI (sorry don't know what its called).

And no, I can't see the projector on the monitor list.
  • IronFly
    Options

oh, i see it's a LAN/VGA adapter dongle.

Can you please check on device manager when you connect the projector if any exclamation mark is present?

• vasanta
    Options

I will check this out next time I have access to a projector and report back, thanks for your patient responses. Unless there's some way I can emulate a projector for testing this?

• IronFly
    Options

nope, you need a real projector. Smiley Happy