Aspire V5-561P-6869 problem upgrading to Windows 10; does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Doc_L_Monaco
Doc_L_Monaco Member Posts: 3 New User

I received the Error code: 0xC1800103-0x90002 when attempting to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I tried updating the drivers on my Acer laptop before running Windows setup to upgrade, and the message appears (I tried this twice without success). Does anyone have a suggestion or instructions on how I could make this work?

Thank you for your help!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

delete this folder and try again to update:

c:\$windows.~bt

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Doc_L_Monaco

That did not work... It will not even allow the Windows upgrade program to run after I deleated the directory you identified below. Is there something else I need to do (I also rebooted the laptop after deleting the directory).

Thank you!

• Doc_L_Monaco

After a few tries, I was able to have it go through the setup process, but the same error occurred - Error code: 0xC1800103-0x90002.

Any other suggestions? Would you recommend resetting to factory settings and starting from there or are there other tools I could download to remedy this issue?

Thank you!

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

reset to factory can fix most of issues before upgrading.

i suggest you to create a windows 10 bootable media, so you don't need to re-download the upgrade each time it fails.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

click on download tool, lunch it and follow instructions on how to create a bootable media (i suggest you the USB flash drive method)

click on Using the media tool and read Upgrade to windows 10 using tool and go to point 4

in the worst case, you can create a recovery media from windows 8.1 (so you can revert to windows 8.1 whenever you want).

then boot from windows 10 bootable media you create and choose to do a clean custom install, deleting your HDD; windows 10 installation will read your product key from BIOS, so you can skip every steps asking for product key (if it appears).

I'm not an Acer employee.