Aspire V5 122P flashing black screen with white cursor (SOLVED)

Options
dulceflores
dulceflores Member Posts: 9 New User

SO a few months ago, I turned on my Acer Aspire V5 122P computer and got a black screen with a white cursor in the top left of the screen and then after a second or so it would flash to a completely black screen and then back to the black screen with the white cursor. I scouted the Internet looking for answers to why it was doing that and how I could fix it. Yes the warranty was out. So I came across the only reason I could think that my computer was acting like that was because I had downloaded some updated drivers that were not compatible with my computer. Unfortunately because I could not get passed the black screen I could not get in there to delete them. So began my quest to find a solution. I did everything and I do mean EVERYTHING that was suggested. I disconnected the battery, I remove the motherboard battery, I flashed the bios from a bootable dos usb drive, I even tried every plausible function to get into the BIOS. Nothing worked! I just figured it was my motherboard and put it under the couch for a few months. SO I took it out this week and decided to try it again. I did everything all over again and still nothing worked. I continued to look for answers and some where in all the answers I looked and and tried someone on here suggested the RIGHT answer. I wish I could find there post again so I could give them Kudos. SO anyways I say all that to give the solution that WORKED! The person suggested to power on and immediately power off the computer 4 times but on the 4th time to let it turn on completely. At first it did not seem to do anything so I set it beside me and continued to look up more solutions, I looked over and it had started working !!!! SO thank you for the help to whom ever made the suggestion and to anyone who is have this flashing screen of death, I hope this helps. Smiley Happy