Aspire V5 122P Touchpad Gestures not working

Greenieman
Greenieman Member Posts: 2 New User

I have had problems recently with my touchpad.  It works but just basic point and click, no scrolls, swipes or any other gestures.  I have a Aspire V5-122P.  I have tried to install both the Synaptics and Elan drivers from the website and the Elan from my Acer Recovery.  Niether driver has any advanced function of the touchpad.  Elan drivers always leave the tray icon with an exclamation point on it the touchpad.  When I go to the mouse properties and the Elan tab, everything is greyed out, no device shows up in the box and all the icon options are greyed out.  The Synaptics driver only shows clicking options like reversing the right and left button function.  This used to work several months ago and then I started to see this exclamation point and lost all scrolling ability.  What can I do to repair this problem?

Thanks

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

What operating system are you running?

Have you tried reinstalling the driver from Acer eRecovery management? http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26947

If reinstalling the driver does not resolve the issue, my best suggestion would be to run eRecovery to return the system to factory settings and check the touchpad to see if gestures work. If they still don't work, I recommend you contact technical support in your region to inquire about service.

• Greenieman
    Greenieman Member Posts: 2 New User
    All the frustration was for naught. I used the Serial Number or SNID to find the correct system for my Aspire but did not remember that I upgraded from Win8 to Win8.1. Once I found the Élan Win8.1 driver (v11.6.27.201), and installed it, all the gestures work once again. Thanks.
  • Dagonite
    Dagonite Member Posts: 3 New User

Found the solution that finaly worked for me(triedn everything with UEFI/Legasy and other soulution on site).

Lauch BIOS -> Main -> Touchpad

Make sure this setting is set to Advanced and NOT basic. After changing it to advanced win8 finaly recognised touchpad as, well, touchpad. Drivers finaly intall, guestures work and it no longed seen and regular mouse.