Aspire V3-772G videocard problems AFTER repair..

Options
Jakfire
Jakfire Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, dIssapointed customer here,

I just got my laptop back after 10 days of repair. They did a great job though. Laptop is completely refurbished and looks brand new. They did manage to overlook one detail though; THE MAIN PROBLEM WHY I SENT IT BACK.

I sent it back because there were some hardware issues - mainly with the videocard. When switching to the GeForce card it showed some weird artifacts on the screen. I ended up disabling the card in device manager so I could at least get my work done.

When reconfiguring the repaired laptop I installed the correct drivers and started installing software. I couldn't believe my eyes when exactly the same malfunction appeared:

1.png

When both cards are active in device manager the Intel HD Graphics are ALWAYS selected as adapter.

When I disable the GeForce card in device manager the problem IS GONE, but affects the overall speed/power of my system.

When I try to disable ONLY the Intel HD Graphics (so that the GeForce card is active) it just tells me there is NO adapter active at all:

2.png

Since the system literally JUST got back from repairs, how did they overlook THE MAIN ISSUE I was sending my system back for?

Probably have to wait another week to get this fixed. Can't wait to tell my clients :\

Answers

• Jakfire
    Jakfire Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

As an added bonus: screencap from the Nvidia Experience. Same artifacts/malfunction. Nice to see this software at least identifies the GPU.

3.png