Aspire V3 772G heat sink part number

Options
BoxBay
BoxBay Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I am looking for a part number for the Heat Sink/Thermal Module that will fit the VA70HW motherboard with the Geforce GTX 850m 2gb GDDR5 graphics chip. This motherboard would be used in the V3 772g-7616 for instance. I've done some poking around on the acer support site and google with no luck. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,142 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello Daniel,

I found two part numbers of heatsink with fan:

Spoiler
    60.M74N5.001THERMAL.MODULE..DIS.PGT.47W
    60.M8SN5.008THERMAL.MODULE.DIS.EGL.37W

Note: I think PGT and EGL are the manufacturers. The fasteners are identical.

France
  • BoxBay
    BoxBay Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply! Any way to verify which one is used in the 772g-7616 or any other model with the GTX 850m chip?

My real problem is that I needed to change out my motherboard in my 772G, and my original board had a Geforce GT 750m chip. When Getting a new board, I figured I might as well get the one with the upgraded graphics chip as the board itsself seemed to be the same model (VA70HW). The new board fits in the case fine and all ports/screws seem to line up, but the heatsink from my orginal board doesn't fit over the newer graphics chip quite right. So I assumed they used a different part number for the heat sink in the newer 772g models. 

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,142 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello Daniel,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France