Aspire V3-575T-7008 Intel graphics 520 fails each day. It will not update from Intel.

Options
pdnRPH
pdnRPH Member Posts: 30 New User

Aspire V3-575T-7008 with Intel 520 graphics fails each day. Windows 10 recovers it. However, Intel new driver will NOT install. And, no new driver is posted on the Acer support site. Intel says to call Acer.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

to install Intel's generic drivers, you need to uninstall the Acer version, so...

from device manager

right click on your display adapter

choose to uninstall and tick to uninstall software too

once done

reboot and then install Intel's generic drivers.

Be aware that windows update will try to re-install the Acer's drivers version.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • pdnRPH
    Options

All sounds good, but IF it won't install then I have nothing. I have worked with Intel, and it would not install. Upon reboot the original was in place and we were back at square one. Need I call ACER support, then?

• IronFly
    Options

you can try to delete c:\intel folder and try to block windows 10 automatic drivers update (honestly the worst thing of windows 10):

http://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninstall-and-block-updates-and-drivers-on-windows-10/

• pdnRPH
    Options

I did this, as described from your link.

Right-click the Start button at the bottom-left corner of your screen or press Windows Key + X and select Device Manager to launch the Device Manager. Locate the device whose driver you want to uninstall, right-click it, and select Uninstall. Check the “Delete the driver software for this device” option and click OK. Windows will uninstall the device and delete the driver software downloaded from Windows Update. You can install fresh drivers software afterwards

Didn't work. Still came back.

It appears Acer should release an updated graphics driver. Wait (weight) broke the bridge. We're dying. We need it now, not a day from now, or a month from now.

• IronFly
    Options

yes, i had some trouble on my Acer laptop too.

• pdnRPH
    Options

I did this, as described from your link.

Right-click the Start button at the bottom-left corner of your screen or press Windows Key + X and select Device Manager to launch the Device Manager. Locate the device whose driver you want to uninstall, right-click it, and select Uninstall. Check the “Delete the driver software for this device” option and click OK. Windows will uninstall the device and delete the driver software downloaded from Windows Update. You can install fresh drivers software afterwards

Didn't work. Still came back.

I finally redid the uninstall with delere. Then rebooted. It appeared the driver cam back. However, I went to update driver. When it went to browse, I did a dropdown, and there was a new driver there. It tricked it. I installed that November, 2015 driver. I have had not failure since.

It still appears Acer should release an updated graphics driver. Wait (weight) broke the bridge. We're dying. We need it now, not a day from now, or a month from now. Amen.