Aspire V3-575G-79XK SSD Problem

Options
gdoesterdal1989
gdoesterdal1989 Member Posts: 4 New User

I recently purchased an Aspire V3-575G-79XK. Everything works well. Then I have an existing Crucial BX100 250gb SSD from my other Laptop which I tried to install on the new Aspire V3-575G-79XK. Everything went well. I installed Windows 10 and all the drivers, restarted the laptop, used it for a while. The next day I discovered that sometimes it does not detect the SSD on boot up. I was wondering what happened. I tried to turn the laptop on and off but it wouldn't detect the SSD in the BIOS. I tried to disconnect the batteries to try to reset everything then I discovered that sometimes it detects the SSD and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the SSD powers up and sometimes it doesn't. So I tried installing the HDD that came with the Aspire V3-575G-79XK back again and it works without any problem. I also installed back the SSD to my other laptop and it also works fine. No problems at all. Is there any fix for this problem? I really wanna use my SSD on the new Aspire V3-575G-79XK but its very frustrating that sometimes it powers up and sometimes I have to reset the batteries a couple of times just to make it work. Thanks

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    Have you ever checked about SSD firmware updates?
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • gdoesterdal1989
    Options

Yup both my SSD and Acer firmwares are up to date.

• IronFly
    Options
    I think you can't do pretty much, seems an handshake problem on boot.

Just a quick obvious question:
    Are BIOS set as UEFI and windows boot manager set as first bootable device?
  • gdoesterdal1989
    Options

Did a clean install on my SSD. BIOS is set to legacy and first boot priority is my SSD. Problem is sometimes my SSD doesn't even show up in the BIOS so I have remove the battery again and try and try and try until it recognizes the SSD.

• IronFly
    Options
    If you don't mind, install windows 10 under UEFI, probably the SSD boot issue is related to legacy.

Also UEFI is way more secure against rootkits.
  • gdoesterdal1989
    Options

Copy. Will update you on this. Thanks.