Aspire V3-572P-51BA keyboard stopped working, help!

Options
quincunx153
quincunx153 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, we have a Windows 8.1 64-bit system.  Our physical keyboard just stopped working yesterday.  Shutdown and restart did not work.  Re-install of the latest touchscreen driver did not work.  We don't know how to try to boot in safe mode b/c the physical keyboard does not work.  The touchscreen keyboard does work.  We ran the hardware diagnostic from the Acer website and it does not see the keyboard.  We have young kids so figured maybe they pressed some magic key combo that locked it out.  Any help would be welcome!

Thx.

Pat

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi Pat,

There is no lockout for the keyboard, especially outside of Windows. Doing a full power shut down and tapping F2 when the laptop is restarted should get you into the BIOS. If that's just not happening it would indicate a hardware problem with the keyboard. You could try using a USB keyboard and if that does work it would just solidify the potential hardware error.

Obviously, I don't know what happened, but usually keyboards don't completely fail unless there is a reason. Usually, some sort of liquid was spilled into the KB and that's gotten to the MB and caused the failure. Sometimes kiddo's forget to mention those minor details. Smiley Happy

Cory

• quincunx153
    quincunx153 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi Cory,

Great help!  F2 didn't work so I'll go pick up a USB keyboard next.  Yes on the accidental and unreported spillage.. I hear you there.  Thanks again!

Regards,

Pat