Aspire V3 572G WiFi very slow when Bluetooth is on

Options
dwightc
dwightc Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I have an Aspire V3 572G. For the most part I am satisfied with this notebook, but there has been one problem that I have not been able to correct, no matter what I try.

The problem is that when Bluetooth is on, the WiFi is very slow, sometimes in the tens of kilobytes per second, even when connected to another server on a local network. This only occurs when connected to a 2.4GHz WiFi network. When using a 5GHz network, there are no problems at all. This notebook has the Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth combo adapter.

Typically, the only Bluetooth device I use with this notebook is a Microsoft Sculpt Bluetooth mouse.

Normally I would blame interference, since Bluetooth also operates on the 2.4GHz frequency - but this problem persists even when there are no Bluetooth devices in use at all. The Bluetooth merely has to be set to "On" in the Windows controls for the problem to manifest.

Here is what I have already tried for a fix:

- I have already updated to the latest BIOS offered for this notebook.

- I have already tried every single Wifi and Bluetooth driver offered by Acer for this notebook for Windows 8.1.

- I have read in several places on the internet about adjusting the "Bluetooth Collaboration" setting to "Off" to mitigate this problem. I have already tried this - and it appears to help at first, but typically within a minute or two the WiFi speed decreases again to unbearable levels.

- I have tried uninstalling the Broadcom drivers supplied by Acer and letting Windows choose its own drivers. Windows will locate a WiFi driver on its own, but it will not auto-locate a driver for the Bluetooth.

- I have already tried adjusting various power management settings for the WiFi adapter - also with no results.

At this point I have run out of things to try. Has anyone else encountered a problem like this?