Aspire V3-472PG Touchscreen is not working suddenly

MarcAlvin
MarcAlvin Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

I bought my acer aspire V3-472PG-761R (with touchscreen) about a couple of months ago. Just recently, I noticed that the touchscreen was not working suddenly. I have already read and tried some troubleshooting advices from forums and in the internet, but still not working.

I saw in the acer forum on how to disable the touchscreen to see if it was indeed disabled, upon checking the device manager - Human Interface Devices, there was no HID compliant touchscreen driver?

I have also updated my windows from windows 8 to 10 about two weeks after I bought the laptop and the touchscreen was working well after the update until this week.

Please help me resolve the issue and troubleshoot. Was it the windows 10 update? I have a warranty from the store where I bought it, but I have yet to inform and bring it to the store.

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Did you try this one?

Device Manager's Human Interface Device section, right-click USB Input Device. (If you find more than one of these, try each one.) SelectProperties. Click the Power Management tab. Uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

• MarcAlvin

Hi, thank you for the the reply, but unfortunately, there is no USB Input Device in the HID section.

• philetus
    Answer ✓

It seems to be a Windows 10 driver problem, but I have seen a few that have the problem in 8.1.

If you haven't done it, update the bios here. http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

• MarcAlvin

Oh hey, it worked! I just downloaded the 1st on the list on the bios tab, the add the HDD something, and the power management option. Anyways, thank you. Hope it will continue to work.

• philetus

Glad we got it fixed for you.