Aspire V15 screen not recognized

gcast
gcast Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello community,

I am writing since I am out of ideas after having tried a few things.

My problem is the following:

My laptop (Aspire v5-591G-50BA aka V15) does not recognize the screen most of the time. In more detail, when I turn on the laptop the screen just remains black and does not seem to get any power. When I connect an external display everything works fine. However, when I check the connected displays the system only recognizes the external one.

Additionally, when I turn on and force shutdown (pressing the power button for a few seconds) the laptop around 10 to 20 times the screens lights up eventually and everything works fine. Once the screen went on, I can shake it, move it, close the lid, basically do whatever I like and the screen will stay on. I can even restart the system after it once worked and everything's ok. However, when I leave the laptop turned off for a short while the display won't come on again.

What I tried up to now:

- Upgrading the BIOS

- Draining any static potential, by taking out the battery and pressing the power button for up to 2 minutes

- Checking the connection of the diplay to the motherboard (seems ok)

- Checking if the problem is related to a faulty backlight using a strong light source and lighting on the screen. (nope, not the case)

- Checking the RAM (although since everything works fine on the external display, I didn't expect much)

- Update any related drivers (although since the screen doesn't even show me the POST, I didnt expect much)

- Trying to turn on the laptop in any screen position you can imagine (even upside down with the lid open for a few degress only Smiley Very Happy )

- Turning off any sleep mode, hibernation, fast boot etc. in windows.

Unfortunately, I am out of ideas now and I'm about to order a new screen, unless you have an idea about what could be another source for this issue.

Thank you very much in advance and I really look forward to any ideas from your side!

PS: Although it might not be relavant, but I am using a dual boot configuration using the grub bootloader.

Answers