Aspire V15 power use is too LOW ! ;) master control powerbar turns off

Options
jjdottawa
jjdottawa Member Posts: 1 New User

Brand new laptop. Mucho better than 6 year old one. Almost TOO energy efficient!!! Smiley Happy

Is there a setting in Windows 10 power configs or some Acer setting that I can use to ensure the laptop is always consuming a minimal amount of juice ? I have it set to performance profile, but it's not doing the trick. I have the laptop plugged into the "master" outlet in a power bar. Then the peripherals are plugged in the controlled outlets. The idea is when I take the laptop and go off somewhere, the monitor and printer, external drive, etc... will shut off. No use having phantom power consumed by these devices if they are not used without the laptop right?

The problem is as I am sitting here with everything hooked up, I hear/see the master outlet control going on/off, along with it, my secondary monitor goes off for a few minutes until the laptop starts consuming juice again and turns everything back on for 30 seconds or so. repeat ad nauseum.

My old laptop apparently always sucks away at enough power to be detected. This new one's too efficient!