Aspire V15 Nitro Wireless network Adapter Driver cannot upgrade

mauriceho
mauriceho Member Posts: 1 New User

I have recently upgraded my Aspire V15 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and noticed the problem only after trying to download games from Steam. I am having a very slow download speed of around 2mb/s whereas other laptops around my house are doing around 20mb/s. Upon checking the current wireless network adapter under Device Manager, it shows that the driver's version is 4.0.XXXX. 

I have tried downloading newer drivers (version 10.0.XXX and above) and tried installing them. However after installing them, the driver version still remains at 4.0.XXX with the download speed remaining at around 2mb/s.

TLDR: After updating the Qualcom Atheros (currently version 4.X.X.X) to newer versions (version 10 and above), it supposedly successfully installs properly BUT on the device manager it is still listed as version 4.

Can anybody help me with this problem and advice me on how to properly update the driver to the latest version?

Edit: Just to add on, there is no problem with my internet connection, I can surf the net and watch youtube videos just fine. It's just that the download speed is unusually slow compared to other laptops in my house using the same connection (not just on Steam but for downloads in general) and the driver is unable to update to new versions.