Aspire V15 Hard Drive Problem

DarkStyle38
DarkStyle38 Member Posts: 4 New User

My Aspire V3-575T has stopped working last Saturday and I can't fix it.

It basically started when it froze in MS Office and restarted. Since then, it refuses to boot up.

It hangs on the Acer logo with no sign of the operating system funtional. The loading sign doesn't even show up.

Occasionally, it shows a blue screen quoting "Your PC couldn't start properly" along with the description of "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed." (Error Code 0xc000000f)

I have tried "bootrec.exe /FixBoot, /ScanOS, /RebuildBCD. I've tried startup repair stating "Repairing Disk Errors, this may take over an hour to complete." with no progress overnight. I've tried updating the UEFI BIOS with no help. (Not to mention the Hard Disk Password in the Security tab is labeled "frozen". I've even tried a clean install failing with "couldn't write to regristry."

Could this mean hard drive failure, I mean, I'd think it'd be unlikely since I've only had the laptop for five months.

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Based on the info provided it does appear the hard drive has failed and will require service. If the system was purchased new within the last year, please contact support from this link: http://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/home. Click on Support then Contact Acer.