Aspire V13 V3-372T Can I redo initial set up?

Mais
Mais Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, 

I recently bought Acer Aspire V13 V3-372T with Windows 10 installed, but my brother opened it before me, went through the initial set up and installed a few things for me (no one said he should or is allowed to do that, quite the contrary) and now I don't know what he selected in the set up. Of course, he doesn't remember at all. 

Is there a way I can redo the setup without uninstalling Windows 10? I don't care if whatever he installed gets uninstalled in the process. 

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Jough
    Jough Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓

Hello, I am just "passerby" in a manner of speaking, and it really depends on the scale of your problem.  As there is no way to do the setup as I know of, there are some options that would allow you to revert the changes he did.     If he installed some shady software from an unknown source or something like that, then I would recommend a refresh or restart of the system, as it may contain a virus.  Both include reinstalling Windows but they are relatively easy and should only take a 1-3 hours in my experience,  especially because you have a fast computer (I own one).  A refresh is easier and probably more applicable in your case, because it uninstalls all programs and resets all settings (don't quote me on that one).  But if he just installed some programs and changed some settings, then you can simply create a new account and delete the old one.  That will uninstall all of the Windows store apps and will allow you to choose your settings again.

Directionsfor Creating a New account to overwrite the old one:  Right click on the start button - Control Panel - User Accounts - User Accounts - Manage Another Account -  You will be prompted to allow, hit yes - Add account - Local Account or Microsoft Account take your pick (I could write a whole article about that but for now, I would recommend using a local account for now (you can change it later) - Click on the account you just created Manage account type and set to administrator.  Then delete the old one and hit delete account. Once you've done that all the settings will revert to their original state, all user installed apps (not conventional programs like Google Chrome) will be uninstalled.  If you require a list of all programs installed on the computer just ask.  But as I might have bought my computer at a different location it may be different.

Directions for resetting Windows (Latest version with Anniversary Update (it probably isn't that different in old windows 10 either)):  reinstalls the OS and overwrites the hard disk.  Start - Settings - Updates and Security - Recovery - Restart now Then you should see an option with reset written underneath the title.  Follow it until you see a screen that has a button like recycle your PC.  If you can't find it just take a picture of it and send it to me.

Directionsfor Refreshing Windows:  Same just instead of hitting recycle, hit keep my files (or something of the sort)

Any quesitions or comments feel free to let me know. Smiley Happy

Answers

• Jough
    Jough Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓

Hello, I am just "passerby" in a manner of speaking, and it really depends on the scale of your problem.  As there is no way to do the setup as I know of, there are some options that would allow you to revert the changes he did.     If he installed some shady software from an unknown source or something like that, then I would recommend a refresh or restart of the system, as it may contain a virus.  Both include reinstalling Windows but they are relatively easy and should only take a 1-3 hours in my experience,  especially because you have a fast computer (I own one).  A refresh is easier and probably more applicable in your case, because it uninstalls all programs and resets all settings (don't quote me on that one).  But if he just installed some programs and changed some settings, then you can simply create a new account and delete the old one.  That will uninstall all of the Windows store apps and will allow you to choose your settings again.

Directionsfor Creating a New account to overwrite the old one:  Right click on the start button - Control Panel - User Accounts - User Accounts - Manage Another Account -  You will be prompted to allow, hit yes - Add account - Local Account or Microsoft Account take your pick (I could write a whole article about that but for now, I would recommend using a local account for now (you can change it later) - Click on the account you just created Manage account type and set to administrator.  Then delete the old one and hit delete account. Once you've done that all the settings will revert to their original state, all user installed apps (not conventional programs like Google Chrome) will be uninstalled.  If you require a list of all programs installed on the computer just ask.  But as I might have bought my computer at a different location it may be different.

Directions for resetting Windows (Latest version with Anniversary Update (it probably isn't that different in old windows 10 either)):  reinstalls the OS and overwrites the hard disk.  Start - Settings - Updates and Security - Recovery - Restart now Then you should see an option with reset written underneath the title.  Follow it until you see a screen that has a button like recycle your PC.  If you can't find it just take a picture of it and send it to me.

Directionsfor Refreshing Windows:  Same just instead of hitting recycle, hit keep my files (or something of the sort)

Any quesitions or comments feel free to let me know. Smiley Happy

• Mais
    Mais Member Posts: 2 New User
    Wow!! Thank you so much, @Jough!! So detailed! Smiley Very Happy Luckily, turns out he didn't do much, so I've managed to fix it. Thank you again! I'm sure this will be helpful to others looking for a solution to this problem, too.
    Have an awesome day! Smiley Happy