Aspire V 15 Nitro sound very low even when set at 100%. Does anyone have a solution?

Densel
Densel Member Posts: 8 New User

Dear Community,

I have already tried clicking on the sound icon.

Selecting 'Playback devices'

Clicking on Tealtek High Definition Audio and then properties.

In 'Enhancements' all I have is an unchecked box next to 'Disable all sound effects' and nothing else; so I can find nothing to change.

When audio is playing the settings on the sound icon is at 100% but the green bar only registers in the lower section of the bar.

Last week the sound was working okay. I have no idea what I may have accidentally done. 

I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas.

Thanks D.

Best Answer

• Densel
    Answer ✓

Dear IronFly,

Thanks for all your suggestions. I have just found out what caused the problem. A recent update to the inbuilt Acer sound card apparently gave it priority over Nvidia. By giving priority back to Nvidia, and then restarting the computer, sound has been restored back in all its glory. Hopefully, this solution may help others who chance across a similar problem.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

under 'Enhancements' check Loudness equalization and try if the volume is normal.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Densel

Dear Ironfly,

Thank you for your kind suggestion. Unhappily I do not have anything listed under 'enhancements' other than what I've already mentioned.

Kind Regards, D.

• IronFly

have you already tried to re-install Realtek audio drivers from Acer support website?

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

• Densel

Dear IronFly,

Are you aware of others that have successfully done that. I'm not a techy person. I've just been on the weblink you kindly gave me, but I find it bewildering and could not find the download page, but I do appreciate your suggestion. I think I would like to know that it has worked for others before trying it myself.

Kind regards D.

• IronFly

probably it will fix your issue.

is your model VN7-591G?

installed windows OS version?

• Densel

Yes, it is model VN7-591G with windows 8.1

• IronFly
  • Densel

Thanks for the link. I will have a go at this tomorrow. Feeling a bit too jaded to attempt it this evening. Thank you so much for all your helpful suggestions.

• Densel
    Answer ✓

Dear IronFly,

Thanks for all your suggestions. I have just found out what caused the problem. A recent update to the inbuilt Acer sound card apparently gave it priority over Nvidia. By giving priority back to Nvidia, and then restarting the computer, sound has been restored back in all its glory. Hopefully, this solution may help others who chance across a similar problem.

• kG1
    kG1 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi Densel, 

Sorry for this question, but how do you do this?

I have had this issue for some time and this is the only solution I have seen. You make it sound very easy.

Thanks  

• Densel

Dear kG1,

I'm very sorry to hear you are having a similar problem. 

The solution I described was achieved not by myself but by the sales assistant at Currys who had sold the computer to me.

He tried a variety of 'solutions' until he found the one that actually worked which I have described.

The best I can do (if no one on this forum in the interim can explain how to do it, and I'm afraid I do not know myself) is to give you the phone number to the Curry's shop where this genius works. In the hope that he can recall how he did it. Here is the address and the shop's phone number.

Address: 4A, Nene Valley Retail Park, Northampton NN1 1ET

Phone: 0344 561 0000

Wishing you all the best. Please let me know how you got on.

Best wishes,

Densel

• kG1
    Thanks Densel,

I'll give it a try and let you know. Also one more thing, has the sound reverted back to being quiet again at all?

Thanks again

• Densel

Hi kG1,

I do hope that helps.

The sound has been back to normal and brilliant ever since he fixed it for me. 

When I was in the store trying to choose a computer I told him I really love music and wanted a computer with excellent sound and the sales assistant suggested the Aspire.

He took great delight in finding his favourite music on youTube and then playing it loud in the store just to show me how good the speakers were.

When I took it back a few months later and demonstrated how poor the sound had become he remembered me and he realised how quiet the music was playing even at full volume.

It took him a while to solve the problem. He tried all the easy fixes first. He was thinking about reinstalling the drivers as outlined in this thread when he then decided to check the sound cards and found the fix I've described. This took mere seconds.

I must admit I was almost in tears as the whole store realised he had restored the sound back to what it should have been.

It has remained excellent ever since. 

I am sorry I can't remember the store assistant's name... but he might recall fixing the sound quality on an Aspire for me.

Wishing you the best of luck,

Densel

• IronFly

if your laptop has Dolby feature, turn it OFF and then ON.

• kG1
    Thanks for all the help Densel, I'll have to wait till this evening to check this ironfly, but thanks also.