Amber Light Instead of Usual Blue

Options
NightHawk126
NightHawk126 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Can someone please tell me what this means. I need help here because the device is obviously no longer under warranty, and I am unable to pay for the Remote Technical Support option here.

The problem first started out with only the Wi-Fi light (on front of laptop) lighting up with wrong color. Now both the Wi-Fi and Battery lights are displaying the incorrect color (at least I'm assuming the other one is the Battery light, and not the Power. It is the one closer to the left side of the laptop.

Its kind of interesting though... as I'm typing this message, I am noticing that the Battery light is no longer colored incorrectly (its showing as blue once again).

On a sidenote, in case you are wondering I have downloaded the user manual. It states absolutely nothing about this, nor does the Quick Start Guide. I am more concerned about the Wi-Fi light turning amber than I am the Battery light. The Batttery light seems to be back to normal. I never use the battery on this device anyway.

Both of the lights should be blue, like the other two. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Answers

• Nirvash
    Nirvash Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options

Those LED lights are a combination of 2 colors wich iluminates more or less each color depending of the signal input coming from your motherboard, so, it can be just a problem on that LED board, probably, the signal inputs aren't right or even the LED themselves are not working properly to show the correct color.

The usual color combinations are: Orange / Blue (some Acer laptops can show other colors too if the LED itself is capable), so, the board will show one of those 2 colors depending of the current voltage signals, but if that board or just the LED's aren't in good conditions (something really strange) they can show a combination of those colors (just like AMOLED screens getting burned).

I hope it's just that and isn't any bigger problem. I suggest you to do a battery reset (removing it from the laptop and waiting a little time to put it back) just to be sure that isn't related to internal power issues.