Air emission

Options
nitrohead2412
nitrohead2412 Member Posts: 6 New User

Hey,

Consider me a newbie and hence the stupid question. i own a acer v nitro 791g and noticed that only the right side fan emits air at a high speed whereas the eft one has no emission of air at that speed whatsoever

Please advise if this is normal or my kit is broken.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

When you turn on the laptop, can you confirm the fan never runs?

• nitrohead2412
    Options

so my laptop has a dual fan cooling system, upon start there is no fan operation, under moderate use the right side fan starts working and the sound of the same is audible where as the left one does not seem to function.

• nitrohead2412
    Options

Please help me out with this cuz its been bothering me as its hardly been a while since i got it.

• nitrohead2412
    Options
    Hey Philetus, Regarding the acer laptop Fan, Ive noticed that upon startup the fans do not make noise, and upon use the right hand side fan starts running at a noticeable speed with the hot air emission being more than noticeable whereas the left one is hardly running or noticeable. There is no noticeable air emission from the right side. Could you please let me know if this is normal or if my laptop is busted?
  • sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

Generally you have a dual cooling because one fan is taking care of the CPU and one is cooling the dedicated GPU. Do you run software which actively uses your dGPU?

Try AIDA64 stress test and run a stress test which will stress the GPU and the CPU. Thus in this case both fans should run. If one of them don't run that means you could have some issue.

• nitrohead2412
    Options

Hey sharky25k,

Thanks a tonne for the reply and this was really helpful, also since im fairly new to all of these things. could you please advise if the problem will be highlighted during the test or do i need to manually check for any problems?

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

Well no, the AIDA64 stress test will not detect if one of your fan is not working. All you can do is to see your processor clock speed (should not go down to 0.78GHZ) and video card speed (should be around 1000 MHZ) during the stress test. Also you should see the temperatures on your CPU and graphics card.

And of course you will need to check manually if the fan giving off heat during the stress test. If you check stress GPU, and stress CPU for sure both fans should kick in, I think is impossible for the computer to be passively colled in this stress test.

If it is not working then probably you could have some issue with one of the fans.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Looking at the thermal module, you can see they are connected and both fans are cooling the Processor and Graphics chip, plus the right fan is sucking the hot air out of the inside of the laptop. The left fan is double the size of the right fan and is more efficient so, it doesn't need to run as fast as the right fan. What you are asking about is normal for this laptop.

2016-04-12_0719.jpg