Again DC Power Cord for Acer Aspire V 17 Nitro VN7-791

papaharv
papaharv Member Posts: 11 New User

I ordered and received a DC power cord adaptor for my new Acer Aspire V17. The cord was advertised that it was for this model computer. So I ordered it (Amazon) when the device arrived the jack pin would not fit my would not fit the DC-in jack on my computer. The outside dia. on the pin was OK but the inside receptical is to small for the pin in the computer DC-in jack. I think they might make adaptors for this, does any body know ? Also the DC cord from Amazon has the same output in volts and amps as my old DC cord for my HP laptop i.e. 19V out, and 4.74 A out. I guess this means I can use my old DC adaptor if I can find a pin adaptor for it, as it also will not fit the DC-in jack on my model Acer. One last thing, The AC to DC adaptor cord sent with my Acer has an output of 19V and 7.1A. Is this drop in the amperage out between AC and DC cords normal? One last thing, does any body know where I can get the dimentions I need so if I have to order I can get the right jack for my computer? 

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hello,

What model do you have exactly?

In which country do you live?

France
  • papaharv

I live in the United States.

I have the Acer Aspire V17 Nitro-Black Edition. Model VN7-791G-73AW.

And if this helps, S/N [edited for privacy]

Thanks for the reply.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hello,

The part number of your AC adapter is:

KP.13503.004 - AC ADAPTER.135W.19V (LITE ON)

You can phone your Acer store.

France
  • papaharv

Thanks,

But, its not the AC adapter that I need. One came with the computer when I bought it. What I need is the device that I can plug into the DC outlet in my car, RV, boat, etc, and the other end into the DC connector port of my computer. As I said in my posts before, I ordered one from Amazon that was supposed to do what I want. But, the pin jack on the device would not fit the DC inlet port on my computer. And, it was exactly like the one I have for my HP Pavilion with the exception it did not have the RF device on the cord and the of course the pin jack was smaller. Even the current and voltage values were the same.

I am sending it back.