Adobe Premiere Elements constantly crashes on Aspire V3 NVIDIA GPU

fearthephenom
fearthephenom Member Posts: 15 New User

I wondered if anyone here might be able to help me with my Premiere software. I'm not sure whether the crashes and problems are due to the laptop or the software. I purchased this new Acer laptop because from the reviews and specs I was confident it could handle PE13. I've had nothing but problems using the program though. Not sure if it's the laptop, the program, my own limited knowledge, or a combination. Would appreciate some help.

There are some issues I'm having:

Crashing

Unable to view/render/publish clips with certain effects

Unable to play clips after adding multiple lines of text

Again, if anyone can offer some help, I'd really appreciate it. I am also posting this on the Adobe forums, in hopes someone there might be able to offer some help.

Thanks.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Did you run the Laptop before you installed the Adobe? I would uninstall the Adobe and make sure you're not having problems with the graphics. Then reinstall the Adobe as Administrator.

• fearthephenom
    fearthephenom Member Posts: 15 New User

Thank you for the response. Yes, I was already using the computer before installing and using the software. 

Since my original post, I've run into another issue... Before I was using NVIDIA to run the program, but after checking and installing the updated drivers, thinking that might solve some issues, I run the software, but it does't show that it is being run by NVIDIA.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

It seems like Adobe premiere elements has been having conflicts with Nvidia since Elements 10. There is a lot of stuff on the net about conflicts.I'm pretty sure all the blame rests on Adobe and it looks like they have not addressed the problems. They get their money and ...