Acer v5-571 Headphone Audio Issue

Nambooty
Nambooty Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello, problem is when I plug in my Apple headphones into my laptop the left earbud doesn't work unless I pressure the jack upwards with my finger, if I let it go it stops working again. So only the right earbud works on its own.

I have downloaded and reinstalled the latest audio driver for my computer and the same problem persists. 

Driver I'm using: http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Audio/Audio_Realtek_v6.0.1.7027_W81x64_A.zip?acerid=635168119629748208&Step1=ULTRA-THIN&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20V5-571&OS=81P1&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

This only started to happen just recently when I let my younger cousins play on my laptop, before it was just fine. Maybe they damaged my audio port in some way? If so is there a DIY solution to this? My warranty is up and I don't want to pay probably $50 to fix a small audio issue.

I did not download anything else that modified my audio as far as I know.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: This is not a problem with the earphones, they work perfectly fine with my phone and other devices.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

99% is an hardware problem on laptop headphone plug, check with a light if the leafs inside the plug hole are well aligned.

you can try with a toothpick to move it a little and check if one is not moving or are blocked in the plug chassie.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Nambooty
    Nambooty Member Posts: 4 New User

There definitely seems to be some yellowish block at the inside the plug, I just can't seem to get it moving.

EDIT: I was able to move the yellow block into the right side, but still same sound issue. There appears to be an empty space inside the left side of the plug, maybe it should go there? Now I am presented with the problem of getting it out the right side.

I would teardown to attempt a fix but I have one stripped screw that prevents me from removing the main board, and wouldn't remove it unless its a truly last resort. I'm just considering purchasing an external USB sound card.