Acer v nitro vn7-791g i7 860M 64+1To WIFI issues

Options
ifeelfree
ifeelfree Member Posts: 5 New User

hi, got this laptop 6 month ago with 8.1 and everything was ok, but when i update to Win10 everything works fine (graphic card, sound, screen etc) but the Wifi and the Lan got some trouble: everytime limited connection, the toshiba of my friend work great on the same Wifi box with Win10... also i try to uninstall and reinstall the drivers from acer but nothing is working and i can't connect the laptop to internet, a message was sending to the support last week but waiting for respond Smiley Sad any idea solution ? thanks

Answers

• silizium
    silizium Member Posts: 239 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Try to turn off IPv6 and reboot. So in the end you should only operate on IPv4 addresses.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Just a shot in the dark, but I'm hearing a lot of issues with users who have VPN software installed when they update to Windows 10. Is that a possibility?

• ifeelfree
    Options
    hi Silizium thanks i'll try this tonight and send feedback here, Acer-cory ok i keep this in my mind but i haven't got any VPN on my laptop but thanks for your respond !
  • Cory-Acer
    Options

Understood. Just something I was seeing from other users. If JordanB's suggestion doesn't work, I might also suggest just uninstalling the wireless driver completely and reinstalling it.

Cory

• ifeelfree
    Options

ok, also i try disable the ipv6 for Lan and wireless and reboot the laptop but nothing is working Smiley Sad

Acer-Cory: this was my first, no my seconde personnal solution, the first one was to set a non dynamic IP setting and then i download all the drivers from acer and qualcomm for my hardware, uninstall install test uninstall install and test again and again but just one driver from acer.com for 8.1, this one:

Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver (NFA222)10.0.0.288266.6 MB2014/12/05

make the bluetooth work as good as win 8.1 (mouse and hifi bluetooth working fine) but nothing works for the LAn an WIFI ... and on atheros site there is no win10 driver for AR5BWB222 (the product name of the wifi card) ...

I just think that i should not rush to update Win10 without consulting the driver release... now i should wait for a win10 release driver

• Hemingway60
    Hemingway60 Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

Options

Uhm did you try these drivers? Atheros_10.0.0.318_W10x64_A.zip  Its from the VN7 571G driver page for windows 10

• ifeelfree
    Options

ok i tried the driver from 571g (thanks for the link Hemingway60) but same problem Smiley Sad fed up with this issues i retrograde to win 8.1 and magic everything works like a charm ... i'll wait for driver support before updating to win 10 thanks for all everybody Smiley Happy

• JaapDJ
    JaapDJ Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options

Could very well be that you need the NFA344 version (http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Wireless%20LAN/Wireless%20LAN_Atheros_12.0.0.102_W10x64_A.zip)  instead of the NFA222 one. I used that one on my VN7-591G and I (now) have zero issues with Win10.

• Cory-Acer
    Options

JaapDJ wrote:

Could very well be that you need the NFA344 version (http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Wireless%20LAN/Wireless%20LAN_Atheros_12.0.0.102_W10x64_A.zip)  instead of the NFA222 one. I used that one on my VN7-591G and I (now) have zero issues with Win10.

I'm interested in any feedback on this. I'll work to get this fed back to our driver support team.

Cory

• monas
    monas Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

i have Atheros_12.0.0.102 and wireless is limited since i upgraded to windows 10. i tried everything... and i just bought this laptop, now thinking to return.

• ifeelfree
    Options

i'm sorry but i get back last week on win 8.1 and everything works great now, today i always never see win10 driver on support site for vn7-791g also i don't update to win10 since driver support upload on site thanks for your understanding