Acer aspire v5 122p Windows upgrade to windows 10

Options
noli_27
noli_27 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

how is your acer v5 in windows 10 this year 2017? it is running fine? i want to upgarde to

Answers

• 603ChrisA
    603ChrisA Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Aspire V5-122P users, I have two of these that were so slow we couldn't even boot them up. I just let them sit around the house until last week when I noted the newer Win10 and Bios upgrade threads.
    Both had 2.04 Bios and the same issues everyone noted: 99% CPU usage constantly.

One came wiht Win8 adn the other wiht 8.1. 

I did the Win10 update and all the Bios loads to get up to 2.12. Yes, you must do 2.06, 2.07, 2.08, etc finally to 2.12.
    These are working nicely now. Still get a little slow playing videos but OK for the kids to do homework. 
    I donwloaded the latest Readoen from the Acer site, but haven't run this as I think the one in Win10 is sufficient for now.
    All the ohter nuances like touchpad, I had some Wifi issues as well seemed to be gone. 

-Chris 

• fixalot
    fixalot Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    After the update to W10 creators, my cursor was laggy and cpu usage was high. System was unusable. I found that AMD driver was problem. Disabled it and system runs again. Did update BIOS to current in process.