Acer VX 15 bluetooth disappeared

blacklight186
blacklight186 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi Everyone,

Purchased a brand new Acer VX 15 laptop last weekend. After updating to the Windows 10 Creators update today, i could no longer connect my bluetooth devices to my laptop (although me BT speaker was earlier paired with it and everything was working fine before the update).

I tried rolling back the Creator's update and I also tried re-installing the BT drivers from Acer's website but it still doesn't work. By the way, the only BT device showing up in Device Manager is "Bluetooh USB Module".

Before I do a factory reset of this laptop, I was hoping someone would be able to help me out with this please?

Thanks in advance!!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer

Hi,

Go to Start, Settings, Devices and check whether Bluetooth is switched on.

Capture.JPG

• blacklight186
    blacklight186 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

After I posted my laptop problem I fiddled with it a bit more. I was able to boot into Windows recovery mode (Alt + F10) and use System Recovery to recover to before a previous update. After rebooting, I got back the BT functionality and icon.

Regarding your question, "Bluetooth and Other devices" was missing from devices. BT seems to have disappeared from most places - BT icon missing in system tray, when i hit Win + I -> BT was no longer listed under 'Devices' or 'Airplane Mode'.

Now the only thing is I guess I need to try to re-install the Creators Update and see if it screws things up again... Is it mandatory to install that Update?

This laptop seems to have Qualcomm wi-fi and BT hardware Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A. Are there any known conflicts between that and Windows Update especially on Acer laptops?

Thanks,

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, Creators upgrade has some difficulties but they will rectify with future updates, please read this article for more info:http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/do-not-get-windows-10-creators-update/