Acer VX 15 Display Issues

noy327
noy327 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

When writing this post, I got my Acer VX 15 just a day after my purchase.

When I started my laptop I noticed right away that there is something different with the display.

It seems washout display of sorts.

The color seems not right, it seems all colors are turned into lighter shade.

Attached is a snapsot of the desktop of this laptop.

Acer VX 15 Display.jpgI also noticed the brightness is changing from low bright to brighter then low again.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Hi,

You can check few things, check the Display drivers, are they up to date? If you have Windows drivers, get the drivers from Acer and try:https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7094?b=1

Also check whether you have Nightlight turned on. Go to Settings, System and Display(snip)

Click the notification icon in taskbar(extreame right), you can set the brightness to whatever you like by clicking the brightness  tile(snip).

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

• noy327
    noy327 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but I cannot fix the issue after following you suggestion.

First, there is no Night Light option in my Display Settings Menu.

Second, when I clicked the link for the drivers there is no driver for the Display.

I'm getting frustrated having this issue on the early part of having this laptop.

Settings.PNG

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Hi,

I am able to access the driver download page by clicking the link, you could try the regional Acer support site:https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/drivers

Go to Device manager, expand Display adapters, find the driver version in Driver tab(snip) and let us know, could you please check the make of your screen, you can do that by installing HWINFo64 a free program.

Have you checked the Advanced display settings?

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

• Prax
    Prax Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I had the same issue, go to energy options and set to high performance, then go to intel graphics panel and desactivate something related with screen (sorry english is not my native language), did it work?

• AscheZuAsche
    AscheZuAsche Member Posts: 1 New User

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE, DID YOU FIX IT?

tengo el mismo problema, sabes si se puede resolver?  a que opciones te refieres Prax?

• Shiiivv
    Shiiivv Member Posts: 2 New User

did you solve this? I just got mine today and the samething is happening to me aswell.

• LaurenPine
    LaurenPine Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem, did you find a solution?

• Virghozt
    Virghozt Member Posts: 3 New User
    It seems no one knows the solution is lmao...
  • kahlilvanz
    kahlilvanz Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

All you have to do is to disable or adjust to maximum quality the Display Power Saving Technology in Power Setting of Intel HD Graphics Control Panel.
    It will fixed the color and brightness distortion. Don't forget to click apply after changes made from the settings.  ;)

See the screenshot
  • Javan
    Javan Member Posts: 1 New User
    I think its the TN screen you got there.. not the IPS.. you can try to calibrate display color.. or change the panel  :s:s:s
  • kahlilvanz
    kahlilvanz Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Yes! It is a TN Panel by the way, but if that power saving settings enabled it degraded the quality like colors, the brightness flickering like it has a auto dimming but not not to smooth like 1 seconds gap in each dimming. So better to disable that power saving tech on your display, It won't make u happy because u can't enjoy the real quality.

And also I discovered that if I want to play games in battery mode with high frame rates. There is an options in nVidia GeForce Experience Application Settings, Just disable or Adjust it to higher frame rate (50FPS is playable), by default 30 FPS, but surely battery drained faster while gaming.

Screenshot in file attachment