Acer VN7-592G Touchpad Issues

Options
pasafr
pasafr Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi,

I've recently bought an Acer VN7-592G-76FZ but I'm experiencing major issues with the touchpad: randomly during normal usage the cursor starts going crazy, jumps all over the screen and becomes unusable/unresponsive.

Disabling and re-enabling (twice Fn+F7) the touchpad temporarily solves the issue, so I guess it's software- and not hardware-related.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the related driver (which appears to be dated at 2006, how can it be?) through the Windows 10 utility "Device Manager" Utility and even to update it (by downloading the Synaptic driver from Acer website) but still I get no luck.

Any ideas?

Please help me, I'm going mad and I'm always forced to bring an external mouse along with my laptop! Smiley Frustrated

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• RadeonHD
    RadeonHD Member Posts: 43 Troubleshooter
    Options
  • pasafr
    Options

Running the executable returns: "Reflash cannot find firmware updates for the devices on this system".

While Upgrade.bat says: "No FW need to update"

• olegych
    olegych Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

I have the same issues with 792g

ive tried flashing the latest bios and now my windows 10 is always consuming a core from my processor via acpi.sys, wtf acer?

ive tried installing both elantech and syanptics drivers from acer website, and synaptics drivers from synaptics website, and they make no difference, wtf acer?

• olegych

Tinkerer

Options

correction: bios update seems irrelevant since after rebooting a couple of times (including anoither windows installation) it'v gone away

• pasafr
    Options

Up!

• pasafr
    Options

Up please!

• pneooma
    pneooma Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

Same issue here!! 

Up!!!

• olegych

Tinkerer

Options

it got worse for me

now the touchpad additionally looses half of the clicks

• pneooma
    Options

That is bad news....

I tried some new things without luck: 

Downgrade to windows 7. - couldn't manage to get the installer to recognise the ssd. 

Install osx - again, couldn't install it.

Linux - the problem persists.

Dezinstalled video drivers (HD 530) and touchpad mode to basic - better results but low efficiency an next to no functions ( tap to click worked only when vudu lords agreed )

Intel HD beta drivers (forced manual install) - the problem was still there.

Synaptics forced driver, no luck.

Now I'm doing a fresh windows 10 install I will keep you posted.

• olegych

Tinkerer

Options

looks like latest firmware update fixed most of the issues

it's called "Improve touchpad performance" and can be downloaded for VN7-792G here

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/Firmware/Firmware_Synaptics_1.17_A_A.zip?acerid=636033964477380267&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20VN7-792G&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

• pasafr
    Options

Already tried, it doesn't work!

• tomwegener
    tomwegener Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I had similar problems and it turned out it was higher air humidity. It often occured after washing my hands or during hot summer days. Sometimes the cursor moved accross the monitor independently. I tested it with Doctor's gloves and the problem did not occur.

• pneooma
    Options

Hello world! 

Same  problem here from the begininig, with this laptop. (Vn7-592g)

One week ago i applied on the touchpad a transparent foil wich was intended to protect an iphone 6s screen. This type was handy and, what the heck, it was just an experiment.

Huge improvement! 

Works flawless now. 

As a tip; be more careful when applying the foil and choose a matte one, it's more pleasent to the touch.

God luck! 

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-28 at 23.36.05.jpeg