Acer VN7-591G thermal throttling. How to increase fan speed?

Options
rayto94
rayto94 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello.

I have problem with my new (kinda) laptop Acer VN7-591G - its thermal throttling.

I've tried many things to lower temperatures so i don't need advices like "set power managment to performance" or "replace your thermal paste" because none of them worked. My thermal paste actually applied is MX4 (best i could get) so its not the reason. While playing games im getting temperatures up to ~90C on CPU.

I need help with increasing my fan speed. I believe its only way to help my laptop and save it from thermal throttling. I need proffessional advice from someone that done it before because im newbie when it comes to laptops.

I found topic on this forum about it and program called 'Notebook FanControl' with settings for VN7-791G.

Would this work on my laptop or on another?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series/Acer-Aspire-VN7-791G-V17-nitro-black-edition-throttling/td-p/362304

Please reply someone ,i dont want to burn my laptopSmiley Happy

Answers

• rayto94
    Options

Anybody?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

791 and 591 share most of the components, so you can try that program and check if it can solve your high temperature issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • rayto94
    Options

Looks like it really does help alot.

Also lowering my min and max cpu to 99% (as noted in the link on 1st post) was nice temperature drop for me.

Thanks for reply

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you welcome.

I'm not an Acer employee.