Acer VN7 591G - DHT cannot be installed

Options
KIMI-KUN
KIMI-KUN Member Posts: 1 New User

I've seen a post similar to my topic with a similar laptop, the VN7 591G

However no solution was posted.

Ill get straight to the point, I downloaded the latest driver for acer support site. Release date for driver was on 2015/09/08. First I run the setup available in the realtek folder, I then went into DS1 folder and installed DolbyDigitalPlusHT x64, finally I opened up the PCEE4 folder and tried installing HT V4 but i got this error a second after launching the installer "DHT cannot be installed". Quite perplexed by my situation, I uninstalled both Realtek driver and Dolby. Did another round but to no avail, frustrated i tried installing Dolby Advance Audio V2 accompanied with DolbyDigitalPlusAA x64 and it worked, Just the installation tho. Is the EQ functioning, no it doesn't. Frustrated? very frustrated. Tried many other solution that i can get my hands on the internet, still no luck.

From an older post I found, one of the admin mentioned that the drivers were outdated and may not have full support for windows 10. However, these drivers are the latest drivers that were just updated less than a month ago

Answers