Acer VN7-591G Bios 1.15

Options
queensbay
queensbay Member Posts: 8 New User

Gooddays for you all, i recently discoverd that this laptop had a new bios(1.15), which it stated "Fixed system sleep and resume issue. Optimized BIOS default setting."

Now my question is, what does the "Optimized BIOS default setting" actually mean, does anyone a here can shed some light.

Thanks.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Probably they changed some BIOS settings from factory, so they are more optimized on hardware management or power management.

if you update, i would suggest you to load that optimized settings after BIOS flashing; you will find the option on BIOS on the latest tab (save and exit)

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • queensbay
    queensbay Member Posts: 8 New User
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hey thanks for your reply, but i'm not exactly know how to do it. After i download the bios, and extract it, then click on the .exe file. Is that gonna suffice?

I mean actually, the reason why i asked what's in the new bios is because i had the same problem as this post

So i was just wondering whether Acer had changed anything on the fan management in this new bios.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

can be part of the optimized default BIOS settings.

as i told you, to flash the BIOS, you just need to double click the exe with AC charger connected and follow on-screen instructions.

once rebooted to windows, shutdown your system, power it on and press F2 at boot, once in BIOS, press F9 to load default and then F10 to save and exit.

http://acer-in.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34098/~/reset-bios-or-uefi-to-default-settings

I'm not an Acer employee.