Acer VN7-591G-729V verical line on the screen

sharky25k
sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello,

This morning I got a strange situation on my notebook VN7-591G-729V

In the right side of the monitor a line appeared from nowhere and it is there all the time.

DSC_2354.jpg

FIrst at all I know that nobody will believe me (since probably I would not believe such a situation as well) but I did not do anything, like dropping the PC or something like this. Yesterday evening I was watching some youtube videos, nothing more and I don't recall the line being there.

I don't think is any driver issue because, the line is there as well in the POST screen.

So my help would be from people who have some inside info on some stuff.

I think I will need a screen replacement, but I bought the computer from Canada when I was in intership there (since if I would buy the computer here in Czech Republic I would get just an Czech keyboard one and with Czech operating system, and I am not Czech, and I prefer the english version on electronics, even if it's not my native language) . So warranty is out of discussion, since I was just visiting Canada (international warranty states that you can repair the notebook if you are in another country which you are curently visiting, not my case). 

The first question it is related to the screen. Does anybody know if I can replace this screen, which is 4K currently with a 1080p screen. Don't missunderstood me, it is a great screen, with amazing resolution but does not worth to sacrifice the battery life, and some software don't scale on 4k and I need to switch back and forth to 1080 and 4K.

This is my model number VN7-591G-729V

Serial number:NXMUYAA00354 (first 12 characters)

The second question is regarding the service location.

Is there any service location in Czech Republic (where currently I am) in/near Prague which is authorized by Acer or acer service center. I am not Czech but now I am here for studies.

PS: it does not look like a moved connnector or something like this, since I have experience to open the notebook and I dissconected and reconnected the screen without any change.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Is it also there in 1080? 

http://eservice-centers.com/offices/show/sqrp88be3uo0kwwc0000os4s88s84g0

Do you have the 1.15 bios installed? Probably won't help with this, but has a fix for a sleep issue you will soon have. 

Type System Information in Windows search.

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

If the line is there on the POST screen why do you expect to not be there at 1080p? And the answer is of course yes.

I have the latest BIOS. It's for sure not a software related issue as I told in my first post. The line was there also booting in ubuntu.

Nevermind, I found the official acer service center, and they told me to send my notebook to them and they will tell me if they will need to replace the screen and if this is the case if they can put in a FHD pannel and not a UHD one.

And I forgot to mention. When I remote connect to the computer via Team Viewer the line does not show up so is definetely not created by the drivers/video card itself.