Acer V5-573 Error message cpp 1189 when trying to update Broadcom 802.11n network adaptor

Options
PaulR1
PaulR1 Member Posts: 5 New User

I recently updated to Windows 10 and have been getting notifications that the Broadcom 802.11n network adaptor  is not compatible.  I have tried to manually update by installing a new driver (Wireless LAN_Broadcom_7.35.267.0_W10x64_A)  but am continually getting error message update.cpp 1189 during setup.

I believe the hardware is as follows Vendor 14E4 and Device ID 4365

Has anyone else had this issue and found a workaround?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you must first uninstall the previous drivers and then install the latest, by the way that message of incompatibility will appear again; if i remember correctly it's a windows 10 issue, someone told that it can be BT drivers and you need to update it too.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • PaulR1
    Options

Thanks for your input IronFly.

I have tried uninstalling first but still get the same error message.  The machine tells me that the driver is up-to-date but I don't think that can be correct.  The current driver is dated 2.06.2013.

Broadband seems to be reasonably ok but I have been getting notifications that the Broadcom 802.11m isn't compatible and the driver does not have an option to connect to a 5ghz band on my router which I would like to action.

• IronFly
    Options

can you post the exact hardwareIDs?

double click on the wifi adapter on device manager, click on Details, select hardwareID from the dropdown menu, click on the first string, copy and paste it here.

• PaulR1
    Options

This is the string IronFly:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4365&SUBSYS_E078105B&REV_01

Many thanks

• IronFly
    Options

download this:

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=1955&lang=fr

click on download/telecharger

double click the exe to unpack and then run the setup inside the unpacked folder.

100% trustable website

if it says, that you still have the latest drivers, please uninstall Broadcom adapter again and tick to uninstall software if prompted then run the downloaded setup.

• PaulR1
    Options

Hello IronFly

Thanks for your continuing assistance.  I have downloaded the driver and unpacked it - see files listed below.  Not sure of next step, don't see an obvious exe to activate.

File list.jpg

• IronFly
    Options

ok, no installer.

try this: double click the Broadcom wifi adpater, click on Drivers tab, click on Update drivers, click on Browse my computer, then browse to the downloaded drivers and click Next.

• PaulR1
    Options

Hi IronFly

Good and bad to report.  New driver installed ok but now an issue with wireless connectivity.  If I sit a metre away from the router I have connectivity but if I walk 7-8 metres away I lose it.  Have I installed the correct driver?  hardware IDs:   Vendor 14E4   Device ID 4365.  This is a bigger issue than the one I was trying to solve, if it becomes too difficult to resolve please advise how I reinstall the original driver.  Thanks again.

• IronFly
    Options
    You can click on drivers tab again and choose to revert to previous version.