Acer V5 572P-4429

Options
Kimmycat75
Kimmycat75 Member Posts: 5 New User
having a lot of trouble with my laptop and hoping that you guys can give me some insight. My laptop is completely functional however my LED touch screen. Isn't. The screen is so dim I can barely see what's showing without shining a light directly to it. I'm trying to decipher if it's something with the inverter or the backlight, but I'm unsure whether this laptop even has a inverter. I'm out of warranty and looking to get it repaired. Does anyone know if this is going to be something relatively inexpensive or pretty costly? Not sure if it's worth fixing or replacing.

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you can see the screen with a flashlight, it's the backlight. First try FN +F6   Turns the display screen backlight off to save power. 

The touchscreen will run you from 50 to 100

The replacement process is a bit more complicated on thes laptop.

You have to disassemble the laptop until you can remove the complete displat assy.

I would say a shop would charge anywhere from $100 to $200. I don't really know because I do my own.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you can see the screen with a flashlight, it's the backlight. First try FN +F6   Turns the display screen backlight off to save power. 

The touchscreen will run you from 50 to 100

The replacement process is a bit more complicated on thes laptop.

You have to disassemble the laptop until you can remove the complete displat assy.

I would say a shop would charge anywhere from $100 to $200. I don't really know because I do my own.

• Kimmycat75
    Kimmycat75 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I tried Fn+ F6 and nothing. I bet you're right about the shop cost. I'm thinking about $200 more if you consider the cost of the replacement. Thank you for taking the time out and replying back.