Acer V5 571 keyboard issues

Options
JenHow
JenHow Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

hi, i am typing on the popup keyboard, excuse no sentence capitals as i cant be bothered to keep switching.

my keyboard and mousepad stopped working, all at once.

i have uninstalled and reinstalled the hid keyboard drivers, but note device manager is saying "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)"

it's the permanent keyboard, not one i can disconnect like a usb! so i'm confused.

any ideas?

thanks

jenny

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,157 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Go to Device manager(right click windows logo in Taskbar), expand Keyboards, highlight and right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, uninstall the driver and reboot to let Windows install the driver.

• JenHow
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  Maybe that is my problem, there is no "Standard PS/2 keyboard" listed under keyboards!

I searched for drivers for this model on the Acer website, but there are none listed for keyboards.  Is there somewhere else (safe) that I can download one?

cheers

Jenny

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,157 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

If you don't see the keyboard in Device manage, it may have been disconnected or a loose cable. You might need the help of a repair shop unless you can do it yourself. 

• JenHow
    Options

Hi brummyfan2,

Ok, thanks!    

Jenny