Acer V5 552G bulging battery?

jp_abenoja
jp_abenoja Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi Acer,

I think my laptop is already out-of-warranty and yet I noticed that the area around the touchpad/palmrest an bottom half of the keyboard is somewhat deformed. I decided to open the bottom cover and I am not sure if appreance of the battery unit as shown in the picture below is normal. What are my options?

1.jpg 

2.jpg

3.jpg

I'd greatly appreciate any recommendations or solutions from anyone, most especially Acer.

Thanks

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,019 Trailblazer

Hello,

Your battery must look like this. You must replace it because it is defective (it heated).

Here are the original batteries:

Spoiler
    KT.00403.015BATTERY.POLY.4C.3560mAh (Sanyo)
    KT.00403.018BATTERY.POLY.4C.3560mAh (Atl)
    KT.00403.035BATTERY.POLY.4C.3560MAH  (Atl)
    KT.0040G.001BATTERY.POLY.4C.3510mAh (Lg Chemical)

About the warranty, you can check here.

My advise:

By safety, disconnect the battery and use your laptop only with the AC adpater.

France
  • Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi jp_abenoja,

Laurent's advice is the best, go ahead and unplug the battery. The expansion of the battery does indicate a failure that should be addressed. I certainly wouldn't recommend continuing to use the computer with the battery in it. This will still allow you to use the PC on the AC Adapter. From there, you can get it serviced or obtain a replacement battery. I would suggest contacting your local service team. They should be able to help you get started with a few options.

Cory