Acer V3-772G slow USB 3.0 transfer rate

Options
BG1
BG1 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello everyone,

I have bought a good 64GB USB 3.0 flash drive with "up to 150MB/s read, 60MB/s write". Have tested the USB flash on a different Laptop to be sure and there is working fine. However it does make the mentioned speeds only for a few seconds and the average speed is +/-55MB/sec transfer rate when commonly used which is perfectly fine.

So my question is why on my acer it does tops 35MB/sec on any of my 2xUSB 3.0 ports? It does the same speed in the 2xUSB 2.0. (which for USB 2.0 is perfect)

I have tried with driver updates and so on, but everything is up to date and seems okay.

Have someone have a similar problem?

I am using Windows 10 Pro x64. Have done a USB benchmark test on all the USBs and the speeds are max 37MB/sec that I have achieved.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Ganu0406
    Ganu0406 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options

I would suggest you to try these following methods and check, if the issue still persist.

Method 1: 

Step 1: Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Try to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, the steps are mentioned below:

1. Type ‘Troubleshooting’ in the search bar and press Enter.
     2. Click on ‘View all’ on the left panel of the ‘Troubleshooting’ window.
     3. Click on ‘Hardware and Devices' and follow on the screen instruction.  

Step 2: Review Windows Update. The Windows Update service is a key item to review. Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update. Install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2. 

Method 2: 

Uninstall and reinstall the Universal Serial Bus controllers driver and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the Universal Serial Bus controllers driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X and then, select Device Manager.
    b. Locate and expand “Universal Serial Bus controllers” in the Device Manager Window.     
    c. Right-click on the “Universal Serial Bus controllers” and click on “uninstall".
    d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 3. 

Method 3:

Install the latest Chipset Driver from the manufacturer’s website.

Go to the manufacturer’s website, download, uninstall and reinstall the latest chipset drivers in the Device Manager.

Note:

Avoid connecting too many devices to a USB hub. Many users don't know that a USB hub divides the total bandwidth among the devices connected to it. If you have multiple USB ports on your computer, connect the devices to them instead of connecting all the peripherals to a single multi-port hub.

Get a high speed USB cable of at least 480 megabits per second (60 megabytes per second). The shorter the data cord the better. Use a cable that is less than 7 feet long. Longer cords will interfere with the data transfer speed due to the longer distance.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 4. 

Method 4: Clean Boot.

A clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts and to determine what is causing the problem.

Please refer to the below link to perform Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135?ppud=4&wa=wsignin1.0

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

• BG1
    BG1 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hello ganurao04 and thank you for you suggestions.

As I have posted the issue here I haven't stoped searching for a solution and I do found yesterday the exact methods on a microsoft support website. Unfortunately nothing helped for my speed issue even the clean boot.

The speed is so constant its like something is limiting it or something is missing because it always stays on top 35MB/sec and not less for even a second.

Consistent.jpg

I have preinstalled the given drivers for windows 10 64bit (even before posting here) from the drivers section again, check for new bios even but as i saw I am using the latest...just to be sure, but situation is the same. I have 2 different external HDDs and as I remember I do decent speeds when using them...later today will check it again just to be sure, but if I had made 35MB/sec with them too I would have remembered it definately.

The same windows copy and everything that I am using here on my Acer is used (installed) on the other laptop where everything is fine and I am pretty sure that the windows is more or less okay...

It is starting to get weird...I don't have a different "fast" usb drive to check with it...I will try to find one to see if the problem is only with this one...