Acer V3-572P-326T - USB drives and audio doesn't work all of a sudden

Options
ZolloMich
ZolloMich Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

I lost my audio, it just went off by itself, when I started the laptop up there was no audio device installed pop up. I thought maybe because I was using a USB headset it configured a setting somewhere so I checked in device manager it said the correct updated drivers were installed.. Uninstalled to install and download drivers several times. Then my 3.5 analog jack wasn’t working (not sure if it also stopped at the same time). The only way I can get sound is through USB headset or Bluetooth. I noticed at times a slight buzzing sound comes from the side of the laptop where the 3.5mm jack is, not constant at all sometimes it comes when I turn it on sometimes it doesn’t.

The most frustrating problem is that now my 2.0 USB ports no longer work. I’ve tested to see if they would charge my battery pack / cell phone etc but nothing happens at all. As if there is no power at all. I’ve tried installing a device manually but it says the hardware is not connected. A couple weeks back before this started I had plugged in an external harddrive for recovery (it was working perfectly fine before this) but something happened and the laptop shut off by itself and would not turn back on, it only started up about 20 minutes later, however it was working fine again, I didn’t use that external again but I was using my other flash drives and hard drives.Device Manager Screenshot .jpgHidden Device Screenshot.jpg

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

about audio, right click on the speaker icon near date & clock

click on Playback devices

right click on Realtek/Speakers

select as Default

check if sound from speakers works.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ZolloMich
    Options

hi thanks for your reply..speakers still don't work with realtek speaker as default...

i've downloaded USBDeview and tried to use that to disconnect the usb ports that are giving problems

i wonder if it's not linked - HD Audio and Video?

USB port 1.jpg

• ZolloMich
    Options
    Update on this... Its a hardware issue (i assume) turns out my warranty doesnt help since im home in South Africa and purchased the laptop through amazon from the states. I return to Australia in 2 weeks time. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should i take it to a local tech and just pay for it myself? I never thought id be this disappointed with acer products and services, every acer ive called cant help me ????
  • IronFly
    Options

you can do a last test if it's an hardware issue or not, download Ubuntu and run it as live enviroment:

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

create a bootable DVD (so you can by-pass the USB ports), then at boot press F12, boot from the DVD and choose to try ubuntu as live.

once in the desktop, check if your USB and audio works (you can try to reproduce some YT videos).

• ZolloMich
    Options
    Thanks IronFly, I tried with both linux and ubuntu Smiley Sad
  • ZolloMich
    Options

I did perform a bios updated reset, assuming its the same? Can i throw it against the wall? ????

I really appreciate ur troubleshoots, i got way more from u than i think the call centre ever would have givem Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    Options

it depends if you had run a BIOS flasher or not.